EEOC, Discrimination and Harassment Cases
Wage and Hour, FLSA and FMLA Cases
Employment Contracts and Severance Agreements
College and University Title IX Compliance Review and Investigations
Title IX Accused Student Advisor
Medicaid Fraud Investigations Defense
Plaintiff's Civil Rights - National
Excessive Use of Force
Car and Truck Accidents
Slip and Falls
Maryland Circuit Court Appeals
Maryland Court of Special Appeals
Maryland Court of Appeals
Appeals from Administrative Agency Decisions
Hearings and Appeals
Title IX Hearings
Physician Hospital Peer Review Hearings
School Administrator Hearings/Appeals
Student Discipline Hearings/Appeals
Employee Termination Hearings
Sheryl Robinson Wood is the owner and founder of The Wood Law Firm PLLC. Ms. Wood is a seasoned negotiator adept at resolving legal disputes in either the pre-litigation stage or through the various stages of litigation. Ms. Wood has nearly twenty-five years of experience as a litigator, criminal defense attorney, compliance counselor, investigator and contract negotiator. She is an experienced trial attorney handling all aspects of commercial litigation, employment disputes, personal injury, family law, legal malpractice and criminal defense matters (specializing in white collar and financial fraud) in state and federal courts. Her extensive experience also includes handling administrative hearings, conducting internal investigations, representing grand jury witnesses, drafting contracts, and advising small businesses.
Ms. Wood began her career as an Assistant District Attorney in the New York County District Attorney's Office where she worked in a trial bureau and then in the Investigations Division in the Special Prosecutions and the well-regarded Frauds Bureau. She then became a federal prosecutor at the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) in the Antitrust Division and in the Criminal Section of the Civil Rights Division, where she was responsible for federally prosecuting law enforcement officers for violating the civil rights of individuals across the country. When she left DOJ, she was serving as Deputy Director of the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs (now known as the Office of Public Liaison). Ms. Wood then served as Vice President, Managing Director, and Office Head of Kroll Consulting Services' Washington DC office. At Kroll, Sheryl led multi-million dollar client engagements involving compliance consulting and investigative matters. After Kroll, Ms. Wood became a Partner at two law firms, where she served in several leadership positions and started a Women General Counsel Brownbag Luncheon series, before starting her own law firm in 2009.
In 2007, Ms. Wood founded a pipeline program designed to encourage high school students to consider a career as an attorney. The day-long program, called "NBA Youth Day", is held annually at the convention site of the National Bar Association and is free of charge for student participants.
Ms. Wood is a cum laude graduate of Howard University and The George Washington University Law School, both in Washington DC.
Sheryl Wood has served in various legal and community organizations. Some of her leadership positions include:
• President, National Black Prosecutors Association (NBPA), 1997-99;
• National Bar Association (NBA) Parliamentarian, 2008-2009;
• NBA Co-Chairperson, Issues and Resolutions Committee, 2001-2002, 2005-2006;
• Member, NBA Board of Governors, 1998-2002;
• Chairperson, NBA Government Lawyers Division, 1998-2002;
• President and Chairwoman of the Board of Directors of GWAC Foundation, Inc., 2000-03;
• Board Member, American Bar Association (ABA) Center for Racial and Ethnic Diversity, 2009-2012;
• Board Member, ABA President’s Advisory Council on Diversity, 2003-2007;
• Member, Class of 2004, Leadership Greater Washington;
• Board Member, Associated Black Charities of Maryland, 2007-2012;
• Advisory Board, Georgetown Corporate Counsel Institute, 2005-present;
• Chairperson, Baltimore City Wage Commission, 2015-present; Commissioner, 2013-present.
She has received professional and community service awards over the course of her career, including the following:
• Patricia Roberts Harris Public Service Award
• US DOJ, Antitrust Division, Special Achievement Award
• US DOJ, Civil Rights Division, Special Achievement Award
• Presidential Award of Service, National Bar Association, received from:
NBA President Rodney G. Moore, 2008
NBA President Linnes Finney, Jr., 2006
NBA President Reginald M. Turner, Jr., 2005
NBA President Kim M. Keenan, 2004
NBA President Harold D. Pope, 1999
NBA President Randy K. Jones, 1997
• NAACP Freedom Fighter Award for Service and Leadership in Law
To set up a consultation, please call 202-466-0986 or email us at email@example.com. You may also fill out the form below and we will be in contact with you.
The contact form below is intended for general inquiries only. Please do not send any confidential information via the form. The content of any communication from this website may not be covered by the attorney-client privilege and thus may not receive the protections afforded by such a relationship. The presence of a contact form is not intended to be an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship between you and the Wood Law Firm, PLLC will not be formed without a written engagement agreement.
For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form: